About Me — Crystal A. Walker
Fueled by coffee, day drinking, wanderlust, cussing, and humor.
It has always been difficult for me to find out “where I belong,” which is probably why I love being a full-time RVer. My mobile lifestyle has allowed me to free up more time for more important things such as: writing, drinking wine, and day dream about my next adventure.
I have a handicap and that is being a redhead…Just kidding. I really am a ginger but I have no disabilities except for exceptionally pale skin that is subjected to sunburns in the shade, I often get confused with vampires, my freckles connect, my fiery temper is well-known, and I have a mouth like a sailor. However, I can’t blame my cussing on being a redhead. Instead, my word flavor stems from being an actual sailor in the military for the past twelve years.
Currently, I live on the Gulf Coast. However, we will see where the next job takes me. In the meantime, I’ll pop the cork, pour my next glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, and get to know my fellow Medium writers. This is a toast to you!
~ Fun Facts ~
- I live in a 43' Forest River Vengeance toy hauler that I renovated to feel more like a tiny house.
- Touching cardboard makes me gag.I’ve traveled to eight countries (so far) and used to live in Iceland.
- I am always on the hunt for the best Macaroni and Cheese.
- I rescued an 11-year-old rat terrier who I am convinced is “Special Brained.” (There are days when I wonder if he has two neurons to rub together.) However, I love making memes of him.
~ Accomplishments ~
Some of the accomplishments so far, include: Top Writer Status on Medium in Travel and had an article hit the charts in humor. I've also placed well in a few writing competitions, winning 1st Place in Globbtrotter's January 2022 Challenge and 2nd Place in New Writer's Welcome's October 2021 Challenge. I've also been recognized as a Top Writer on ManyStories.
~ Other Places to Find Me ~
I can be found on a variety of social media platforms to include:
- Instagram for snapshots of my personal life and shenanigans
- Facebook because I’m a Gen X’er and that’s what most of us use
- Twitter for some fluff
- Pinterest for pretty pinned shit
- Youtube where I post about past adventures
- My published books can be found at this Universal Book Link (UBL).
- To check out what I am currently reading, Goodreads is a good place to find me.
- Simily for some fiction
- Many of my posts can be found on LinkedIn as well!